So I thought a Vlog would be fun this time around. Today we’re going to address proofs, and the importance of ordering them by comparing the proof copy of I Loved You First versus the copy actually on the market.
Always check for typos. Whether it’s the inner works or the cover, be sure to proofread.
- Assess the cover.
- Is everything in the proper place?
- Are there any glitchy items?
- Is the wording correct?
- Is it aesthetically pleasing?
- Front matter
- Are the pages in the proper place?
- Title page in the front?
- Do you have enough blank pages?
- Proofing (after all, it is called the proof copy)
- Are the pages numbers in the proper place?
- Did you suppress the pages number on the chapter pages?
- Read through for typos, grammatical errors, etc.
- Cost assessment: Is it cheaper to order a proof copy for editing rather than print out the manuscript?
- Do you have any funky pages with widows, orphans, or other oddities?